The Formats Tab
- To open the Preferences field, go to Tools > Preferences.
- There are many pages of the Preferences field; to toggle between them, click on the name at the top of the page.
- In the Formats tab you indicate the way you would like place names and dates shown and abbreviated.
- The Clipping Method section is for names and places that are too long. You can Truncate them, which means that they will be
- In the Folders tab you can save copies of your Personal Ancestral File in different locations and in different formats.
- In the Templates tab you create your own templates for the Individual and Marriage screens.